Shah Alam Bus Tickets
If you’re travelling around the Shah Alam area, you will have to catch your bus from the Shah Alam bus terminal. The terminal serves the Malaysian city of Shah Alam and the city is known for its oil palm and rubber estates. The city was known as Sungai Renggam and was a known centre for palm oil trade and rubber for many centuries. The Plantations around the area were marked for a township by the government in 1963 and was planned according to the recommendations of an advisor from the United Nations - Vlado Antolic. He chose the site strategically between Port Klang and the capital city of Kuala Lumpur.
Important Locations to visit
Shah Alam has plenty of tourist spots that are beautiful and built with splendour and modernity at its helm. From mosques, manicured lawns and city centres, Shah Alam is well planned and perfect for a quick holiday getaway from the capital city of Kuala Lumpur and other parts of Southeast Asia as well -
- The Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah Mosque: The state mosque of the region of Selangor in Malaysia, this is also the country’s largest mosque. The beautiful mosque is one of the country’s most popular tourist destinations and is the second-largest mosque in Southeast Asia after the Istiqlal Mosque located at Jakarta, Indonesia. The large blue and silver dome is its trademark feature, with the four large minarets at each corner adding to the overall grandeur of the mosque.
- Sultan Shah Alam Museum: This majestic museum was opened back in 1989 and is the state museum for Selangor as well. It houses important artefacts and articles which date back to the city’s ancient history and also talks about its geography, culture, history, and natural background of the city and state. The museum can be visited during the day, with tickets sold at the front counter.
- The Royale Theatre: The Royale Theatre is located in close proximity to the museum and was designed around the natural beauty of the city. The theatre opened in 2008 and has plenty of local shows and plays that happen often.
- Dataran Shah Alam: This paved, open area is a type of amphitheatre which oversees the National Day celebrations that are held in the city. There are beautiful pillars, fountains, clock towers, and also a tourist information office in the area. It is also located next to the beautifully designed state government buildings.
- Lake Gardens: The Lake Gardens are a 43 Hectare area of landscaped greenery, with cycle tracks, footpaths, boardwalks, and jogging tracks all present. You can enjoy a lovely picnic with family and friends, with kids having a playground adjacent to enjoy. There are also kayaks available for rent to boat on the lake too. The seafood restaurant has a deck that extends over the waters.
- Shah Alam Stadium: This is one of the biggest stadiums in Southeast Asia, with a capacity to seat 80,000 spectators. The stadium is used by the local football team - The Selangor Football Club. There is also a go-karting track right outside the stadium.
Boarding Points in Shah Alam
The Shah Alam Bus terminal has plenty of buses that come from different parts of the city. The bus terminal in Shah Alam is managed efficiently so that you can board buses to many other stations in Malaysia.
- Shah Alam
- Shah Alam Bus Terminal Seksyen 17
- Terminal 17, Jalan Jenulung 17/21,Seksyen 17 40200 Shah Alam,selangor
Dropping Points in Shah Alam
As there are plenty of buses available around the country dropping you off at Shah Alam Terminal, Any bus to Shah Alam will drop you off at the following dropping points -
- Shah Alam
- Terminal Shah Alam Section 13
- Shah Alam Bus Terminal Seksyen 17
Important Routes to and From Shah Alam
There are important routes from Shah Alam to the many cities in Malaysia. You can book the buses as you wish -
- Shah Alam to Johor Bahru
- Shah Alam to Singapore
- Shah Alam to Dungun
- Shah Alam to Penang Machan
- Shah Alam to Penang Central
- Shah Alam to KLIA bus
Similarly, the popular routes to reach Shah Alam are:
- Machang to Shah Alam
- Penang Sentral to Shah Alam
- Kuala Terengganu to Shah Alam
- Kuala Krai Terminal to Shah Alam
- Penang to Shah Alam
- Johor Bahru to Shah Alam
redBus operates a number of buses to and from Shah Alam, and it is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the city. You can find plenty of buses to your favourite locations in and around Malaysia and Singapore. With the dedicated redBus app or desktop website, you can book your buses easily, with the user-friendly navigation designed with simplicity in mind. The app can be downloaded from the Android Playstore or Appstore for iOS. There are plenty of discount deals you can enjoy as well.
You can book your bus to Shah Alam, with more than a hundred operators present in the region including Plusliner, Transnasional, Elabina Jaya, Suasana Edaran, D Amour Enterprise, Cepat Express, StarMart Express, City Express, Sri Maju Express Kangar, Intercity Coach, TheOne Travel and Tours, Jasa Pelangi Ekspres and more.
You can board your bus from the Shah Alam bus station with the online ticket and choose your preference of seats. Most buses also stop for a quick freshening up, and you can ride comfortably around the country, with redBus. Have a comfortable journey and travel around in style, only with redBus.