Klang Bus tickets
Klang, also known as the royal town of Kelang, is the former capital of the Selangor Sultanate. Located near the busy port of Swettenham Klang, it has developed as an important industrial zone in the region. One of the oldest settlements in Malaysia, the city of Klang is a treasure trove to the rich historical heritage and vibrant culture of the region. A number of royal palaces, mosques, churches, temples, and other beautiful monuments are witness to interesting stories from history. There are a number of modern attractions and entertainment avenues added to appeal to the increasing tourists and travel enthusiasts from across the globe. The Victorian era colonial architecture blends well with the beautiful Islamic structures and traditional Malay, Chinese, Buddhist, and Hindu style monuments. Klang is truly a melting pot of many cultures and overlapping traditions.
Important Locations to Visit
Your visit to Klang will keep you busy. Amongst the mesmerizing monuments, industrial chaos, and the abundant bounty of nature, there is a hidden beauty waiting to be discovered and explored. Check out these must-visit tourist attractions, indulge in culinary trails of delicious local cuisine and take back home a lot of souvenirs and beautiful memories.
- The Royal Gallery – The Galeri Diraja Sultan Abdul Aziz Museum showcases the rich heritage and cultural artefacts of the region. The exhibits include the royal collection of gifts and crown jewel replicas of the Selangor dynasty. The entry to the museum is free. Spend time understanding the rich history of the region.
- Sri Sunderaraja Perumal Temple – Famed as the ‘Thirupathi of SouthEast Asia’, this beautiful Vaishnavite temple is over 120 years old and an important place of pilgrimage and worship for the Malays and Hindus. The colourful shikhara or the vimana of the temple is intricately carved, and the interiors have beautiful depiction mythological stories.
- Kuan Yin – Built in Chinese style, the ornate temple is known for its grandeur and intricate architecture. The influence of Chinese culture in Malaysia can be experienced in many such monuments.
- Klang Royal Gardens – The green area with age-old banyan trees is perfect for picnics, and clicking beautiful pictures of nature.
- Snake Temple - The Taoist Thian Hock Keong Snake Temple with numerous sculptures of the slithering serpents adorning the altar and roof also have a variety of snakes kept in enclosures.
- Gedung Raja Abdulla - The tin warehouse converted into a historical museum is over 150 years old structure.
- Little India – The vibrant area of Jalan Tengku Kelana showcases the influence of the Indian community in Malaysia. Perfect for shopping and indulging in curries and other flavourful delicacies, it is reminiscent of little India in Malaysia.
Explore the street art at Laman Seni 7 or spend time at the i-city amusement park. SnoWalk has human-made snow, ice sculptures, and sledging while the Trick Art Museum is a cool gallery of optical illusions. Istana Alam Shah is the royal palace with a number of interesting exhibits while Boustead Cruise Centre operates ferries and boats to take you to open waters. Klang Kwan Imm Temple is a vibrant Buddhist Temple while Kota Bridge is known for architectural craftsmanship.
Besides these, there are beautiful locales of Crab Island – Pulau Ketam, Pulau Indah, Tanjung Harapan, Taman Pengkalan Batu and more to explore. Keep your camera handy to capture the raw beauty of Klang.
Apart from the ferries and private transport, buses are the most convenient and economic way to reach Klang. International travellers arriving at KLIA can board the bus to Klang from the airport. The transport network is well-developed, and the traffic is efficiently managed to keep the city congestion free.
Boarding Points in Klang
There are a number of boarding points available in Klang for the convenience of the travellers. These may vary from operator to operator; however, the most popular choices are listed below. One can reach these boarding points easily with the local travel options available.
- Klang Bus Terminal
- Klang Sentral Bus Terminal, Selangor
- Klang Sentral
- Bukit tinggi
Dropping Points in Klang
The drop points are in proximity to popular tourist locations and places where hotels and lodgings are concentrated. Reach these dropping points with local transport options available easily. The locations may vary from operator to operator.
- Shah alam
- Klang Sentral Bus Terminal
- Persiaran Klang Sentral
- Klang Sentral Bus Terminal, Selangor
- Meru Bus Station
- Bukit tinggi
Important Routes to and From Klang
There are a number of routes starting from Klang to reach various locations across Malaysia and Singapore. Listed here are the most popular routes. Explore the redBus website for more options:
- Klang to Johar Bahru
- Klang to Skudai
- Klang to JB Larkin Bus Terminal
- Klang to Machang
- Klang to Ipoh Amanjaya
- Klang to KLIA bus
- Klang to KLIA 1
- Klang to Kota Bharu, and many more
Similarly, the popular routes to reach Klang are:
- Machang to Klang
- Laloh to Klang
- Kuala Terenghanu to Klang
- KLIA 2 to Klang
- Batu Pahat to Klang
- Johar Bahru to Klang
- JB Larkin Bus Terminal to Klang
- K.krai (dp) to Klang
- Kuala Krai to Klang
- Singapore to Klang, and many more
redBus operates a number of buses connecting Klang to and from various locations across Malaysia and Singapore. Book your preferred seats on our user-friendly website or download the mobile app from Playstore for android or Appstore for iOS. Find exclusive offers and discount deals, and make the payment with a secured gateway.
Over a hundred operators operate the buses to and from Klang. Utama Ekspres, Prisma Express, Causeway Link, Jasa Pelangi Ekspres, Perdana Express, Aerobus Klang, Transnasional, Intertop, KKKL, Quickliner, Plusliner are the most popular operators operating buses on multiple routes.
The buses are designed with comfortable seats and have ample entertainment options for the convenience of the travellers. Rest stops are provided along the route for freshening up and light snacks. Our partner buses are fitted with a GPS tracker and follow punctual schedules. We take utmost care to ensure proper hygiene for the safety of our passengers.
Book your tickets to various locations with redBus and explore the world of convenient travelling. Explore the best of Klang with redBus.