Book JB Larkin Bus Terminal Bus Tickets
JB Larkin Bus Terminal is a central bus terminal in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. It is connected to different parts of Malaysia, and you will find all kinds of buses arriving at and departing from this terminal. Buses on international routes to Singapore also depart from this terminal. The JB Larkin Bus Terminal is also known as the JB Larkin Sentral, but it is not to be confused with the JB Sentral Bus Terminal, another bus station in the city center. Public transport like cabs and buses are available to JB Larkin, and hotels provide transfers to the bus station.
It’s the largest of its kind in Johor Bahru, spanning three floors and hosting over 50 buses at once in its bays. It is considered to be the central boarding point for buses bound for the rest of Peninsular Malaysia and Singapore. Therefore, 50+ bus operators service these terminals. The terminal hosts the Singapore Bus Service Transit as well as Causeway Link. Apart from this, taxis and express buses also pick up and drop off passengers here.
Owing to the fact that JB Larkin Terminal is a centralised pick-up and drop-off point across routes, scores of bus operators enter and exit the terminals at all times of the day. Some of these service routes spanning Malaysia, while yet others cross the borders to Singapore and even Thailand. To avoid the rush of the bus terminal, you can purchase your JB Larkin Terminal bus ticket online.
Getting to JB Larkin Bus Terminal From Within Johor
JB Larkin Bus Terminal is located in the city's heart, only 5 kilometres (3.1 miles) northwest of the city centre and hence accessible from different parts of Johor Bahru. If you have booked your bus online ticket, you can check the bus schedule and then book transport to the terminal.
How to Reach J B Larkin Bus Terminal by Cab
Cab services are available to the bus terminal Johor Bahru. You can take a cab from the Senai International Airport and other important locations around the city and travel to the JB Larkin Bus Terminal. It is best to take a cab if you have luggage to carry or if you are travelling in a group.
How to Reach J B Larkin Bus Terminal by Bus
If you are looking for cheap travel options, it is best to take a bus. Buses are available to JB Larkin from different parts of the city. This is also a great option if you don't have luggage and must get to the bus terminal quickly. Best would be to book bus tickets online .
How to Reach J B Larkin Bus Terminal by Personal Vehicle
You can rent a car or take your vehicle to the JB Larkin terminal. The bus terminal has a secured car park so you won't have to worry about getting a parking spot. If you have a personal vehicle, you can enjoy a bit of sightseeing before reaching the bus terminal.
Parking Fee at JB Larkin Terminal
J B Larkin Bus Terminal, also known as Larkin Sentral Bus Terminal, provides parking facilities for passengers who wish to park their vehicles while traveling. The parking area is located near the terminal, providing easy access to the terminal building.
The parking charges at J B Larkin Bus Terminal are as follows:
- For motorcycles: RM 1 per entry
- For cars: RM 2 for the first hour, subsequent hours are charged at RM 0.50 per hour. The maximum daily rate is RM 15.
Passengers who wish to park their vehicles at J B Larkin Bus Terminal can make payment at the parking booth located at the entrance of the parking area. You can pay the parking fees in fast, easy & convenient way with Touch 'n Go / VISA / Master / My Debit Card on the cashless payment machines on the JB Larkin Bus Terminal.
It is important to note that the parking rates at J B Larkin Bus Terminal are subject to change without prior notice. Therefore, it is advisable to check the latest parking rates before parking your vehicle.
Amenities at JB Larkin Terminal
JB Larkin terminal has modern facilities for the convenience of all passengers. It provides numerous amenities so that you can get to the boarding points easily after booking your bus online ticket, resolve your queries, and comfortably pass the time while waiting for your bus to arrive.
Being one of the more popular bus terminals in Malaysia, JB Larkin Bus Terminal doesn’t skimp on the traveller amenities.
Here are the other amenities available at the bus terminal-
- Wheelchair-accessible areas across the terminal
- Car park for all passengers
- Clean and hygienic washrooms
- Lost luggage centre
- Food court
- Information centre to respond to all your queries
- Comfortable seats for passengers who are waiting
- Immigration checkpoints
- Well stocked pharmacy
- Beauty stores that offer complete services
- Travel agency for any last-minute travel plans
People travelling between Singapore and Malaysia must note that there will be a compulsory check at an immigration checkpoint. During these checks, passengers will be expected to alight from the bus along with their baggage and undergo the customary security and customs checks. Those travelling forward on the same bus can re-board; the others can switch to another bus for the next leg of their journey.
It is important to note that travelers should ensure that they have valid travel documents and comply with the immigration requirements of the destination country. Failure to do so may result in delays or refusal of entry.
Popular Bus Routes
Buses from JB Larkin Bus Terminal are available on various routes. Since the bus station is connected to several important cities, you will find buses from here to terminals across Malaysia.
Some of the popular bus routes from JB Larkin Bus Terminal are:
- JB Larkin Bus Terminal to Terminal Bersepadu Selatan
- JB Larkin Bus Terminal to Kluang Bus Terminal
- JB Larkin Bus Terminal to Malacca
- JB Larkin Bus Terminal to Batu Pahat
- JB Larkin Bus Terminal to Seremban
- JB Larkin Bus Terminal to Kuala Lumpur
The busiest routes to JB Larkin Bus Terminal include:
- Kuala Lumpur to JB Larkin Bus Terminal
- Batu pahat to JB Larkin Bus Terminal
- Kluang to JB Larkin Bus Terminal
- Melaka Sentral to JB Larkin Bus Terminal
- Shah Alam to JB Larkin Bus Terminal
Some of the major bus operators that travel to and from Larkin Sentral are YoYo Express, TransMalaya Ekspress, Delima Express, Mayang Sari Express, KKKL Express, Orkid Express, Transnasional among many others. Several accessible destinations from Larkin Sentral include Muar, Malacca, Batu Pahat, Kuantan and Seremban.
Things You Can Do at JB Larkin Bus Terminal
Once you reach this bus terminal Johor Bahru, you may have some time before the bus arrives. Depending on how much time you have, there are plenty of things that you can do. Take a look at some of these below.
- If you have a couple of hours or more before departure, you can spend some time exploring Legoland Malaysia with friends and family.
- Visit the Old Chinese Temple, less than 15 minutes from the bus terminal.
- Explore the shopping mall at the bus terminal and shop for gifts and essentials.
- You can visit Desaru Beach, walk on the sands, or even go swimming before traveling to the JB Larkin Bus Terminal.
- Take a cab from JB Larkin and visit the Chinese Heritage Museum to see the exhibits on ancient Chinese artifacts and souvenirs.
- You can go shopping at Pasar Karat, an evening flea market nearby, if you've already booked your bus online ticket and have a late-night journey.
- Enjoy a delicious meal and snack on local foods in any restaurant at the bus terminal.
Using redBus for bus booking online will help you enjoy a hassle-free and convenient travel experience. Here you can easily compare the prices and schedules of different bus operators, and choose the one that best suits your needs. Moreover, redBus Malaysia offers various cashback and discounts making it a budget worthy choice.
Disclaimer: Bus timings, routes, and fares are subject to change. Please check the redBus app or website for any last-minute changes.