Book Sungai Nibong Bus Tickets
The Sungai Nibong bus terminal in Penang, Malaysia, was inaugurated in May in the year 2005. Before this, buses would operate from Komtar in George Town. This terminal acts as the main interstate bus terminal for Penang and is heavily used by travelers in and out of the island from various parts of the Malaysian peninsula, Thailand, and Singapore. This bus terminal is located a stone's throw away from the famous Penang Bridge in Pulau Pinang and caters to a good number of bus trips originating from here. The Sungai Nibong bus terminal is also very convenient for air travelers and is just 20 minutes away from Penang airport.
Navigating around the Sungai Nibong bus terminal is fairly simple as it has two boarding points located in the front and the back of the terminal. One is located at the front entrance of the terminal along the Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah side, and the other is at the entrance along the Jalan Sungai Dua side.
There is a taxi stand just up-front of the Sungai Nibong bus terminal making it convenient for travelers boarding or alighting at the terminal.
How do you get to Sungai Nibong Bus Terminal?
Sungai Nibong bus terminal is located in a residential neighborhood and is located mid-way between the Northern and the Southern end of the Eastern coast of Penang Island in Malaysia. It is around 12 km south of the city center of George Town which is the capital city of Penang. The terminal can be reached conveniently using a taxi from anywhere across the island. It is also connected by Rapid Penang buses, routes 102, 303-05, 308, and 401 which stop at the terminal and link George Town. Sungai Nibong is also served by Rapid Penang’s Congestion Alleviation Transport (CAT) which runs a free transit service connecting some parts of Penang Island.
Amenities at Sungai Nibong Bus Terminal
Out of all of Penang’s bus terminals, Sungai Nibong is well-frequented by travellers going to other parts of the country. Here are a few traveller-friendly amenities that are available at Sungai Nibong:
- Dining: The food court on the upper floor of the terminal hosts restaurants serving fast food and local dishes.
- Waiting area: The terminal has a reasonably-spaced waiting area with seats for those about to board their bus or at the terminal to pick someone up.
- Ticket counters: Travellers can buy tickets for buses going across the country at the ticket counters on the first floor.
- Taxi stand: An official taxi stand outside the bus terminal enables travellers to head to other parts of Penang including George TownHowever, you can walk up to the nearby food stall or a food center for a quick grub within 8 minutes of walking distance. Queensbay Mall, Penang’s largest mall is 5 minutes by taxi in case if you have time for some shopping.
It has ample parking as well as options to rent a car as well. If you are looking for a place to stay, there are decent budget accommodations like M Qube Hotel at Jalan Aziz Ibrahim. They are just a 2-minute drive away from the bus terminal which has been stocked with modern amenities.
Popular Bus Operators at Sungai Nibong Bus Terminal
There are daily bus services to other terminals like TBS, Melaka Sentral, One Seremban, Cameron Highlands, and other bus terminals operated by popular bus operators like Transnasional, Kulim First Travel, StarMart Express, Prisma Express, Plusliner, Nice, StarMart Express, Prisma Express, WTS Travel City Holidays, KKKL Express, CS Travel and Tours, just to name a few. Most have a clean and well-maintained bus fleet and offer convenient departure schedules with options in the seating category. Some of the bus types that are offered by some of these operators are Executive, Club Class or SVIP, regular seater, etc. to cater to all types of travelers.
Benefits of Booking a Bus Ticket with redBus
To avoid the last-minute rush of booking a ticket at a counter at the Sungai Nibong bus terminal or standing in a queue, redBus offers the convenience of booking a ticket from the comfort of your home. Moreover, you may get a discount offer to make the deal sweater. Just log on to the redBus website or mobile app and you will be done in a jiffy.
- Enter the pick-up location as Sungai Nibong bus terminal and then enter the destination location
- Enter the journey start date or “Onward Date”
- Click the “Search” button
- Filter and select from the range of buses that are available on the left side of the window
Sungai Nibong Address
Terminal Bas Expres Sungai Nibong,
Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah/Jalan Sungai Dua,
Batu Uban, 11700 Gelugor,
Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Telephone No.: +604-659 2099
Disclaimer: Bus timings, routes, and fares are subject to change. Please check the redBus app or website for any last-minute changes.