About SP BUMI
Syarikat Pengangkutan Bumi Pantai Timur Sdn monitors SP BUMI Express bus services. Bhd. (SP BUMI head office) which is situated in Kuala Terengganu. SP BUMI provides bus services in many Malaysian cities like Kuala Lumpur, Kuantan, Lumut, Taiping, Kampar, etc. Most of the popular routes covered by SP BUMI Express buses fall in Malaysia’s east coast region. SP BUMI offers various types of buses to choose from and is quite popular in Malaysia because of their on-time buses.
The drivers and staff members of SP BUMI Express buses are well trained. SP BUMI buses are spacious and have ample legroom. SP BUMI buses operate via many popular bus stations & terminals in Malaysia like Terminal Bas Kota Bharu, Terminal Bersepadu Selatan, Melaka Sentral, etc. SP BUMI is tied up with redBus to provide e-ticketing service to passengers and makes the travel experience more convenient. You will find full transparency at redBus with no hidden charges or taxes. Let us see more details about SP BUMI buses.
Amenities Offered by SP BUMI
SP BUMI buses’ amenities depend on the bus type and the ticket type booked by you. One can check the amenities offered by any SP BUMI bus on the redBus mobile application/website. The amenities generally offered by SP BUMI buses are as follows:
• Charging Point
• Reading Light
• Adjustable Seats
• Hand Sanitiser
• Luggage Space
There are numerous routes covered by SP BUMI buses every day. One can check the timing & schedule of any SP BUMI buses on any route via redBus. The popular routes covered by SP BUMI buses are:
• Melaka Sentral to Kemaman
• Kemaman to Kuala Lumpur
• Kuantan to Pasir Gudang
• Taiping to Kuala Terengganu
• Kampar to Kemaman
• Kemaman to Segamat
One can look for the time taken by SP BUMI buses to cover any particular route via redBus. It will also help you in comparing the fare of different buses and choosing accordingly. You can filter SP BUMI buses based on different boarding & dropping points on redBus. You can also make an SP BUMI check trip via redBus mobile application/website.
Types of Buses Offered by SP BUMI
SP BUMI is one of the leading bus service providers in Malaysia. A lot of tourists/commuters prefer SP BUMI buses for its top-class services. SP BUMI offers various types of buses to choose from, which are:
• Double Deck (2+2)
• Executive (2+1)
• Economy (2+2)
SP BUMI Ekspress offers buses for each section of the society. You can get air-conditioners in executive buses or can opt for economy buses. One can look at the bus images before booking a ticket on redBus. redBus always aims at providing trustable services that make it easier for customers to travel.
SP BUMI provides bus services in many cities in Malaysia every day. On-time buses of SP BUMI are preferred by tourists and daily commuters who find SP BUMI services affordable. Some of the popular cities covered by SP BUMI buses are:
• Kuala Lumpur – It is the capital city of Malaysia and is famous for tourist attractions like KLCC Park, Kuala Lumpur Bird Park, Islamic Arts Museum, Batu Caves, Sultan Abdul Samad Building, etc.
• Kuantan – You will find frequent SP BUMI buses to Kuantan from different cities. Tourists visit Kuantan for its attractions like Teluk Chempedak, Sungai Pandan Waterfall, Masjid Sultan Ahmad Shah, Pantai Balok, etc.
• Taping – Taiping is famous for its tourist attractions like Taiping Lake Gardens, Bukit Larut, Perak Museum, Taiping War Cemetery, All Saints’ Church, etc.
• Kuala Terengganu – The main operating office of SP BUMI is in Kuala Terengganu. Kuala Terengganu has many tourist attractions like Crystal Mosque, Turtle Sculpture, Teluk Kalong Beach, Masjid Sultan Zainal Abidin, etc.
How to Book an SP BUMI bus on redBus
The procedure for booking bus tickets of SP BUMI via redBus is as follows:
• Visit or open the mobile application.
• Enter your boarding city & destination city in the ‘From’ & ‘To’ sections along with your date of travel. After entering all the details, click on ‘Search Buses’.
• Select your preferred SP BUMI bus from the list of available buses. redBus also gives you the option of filtering buses from any preferred operator.
• Select any bus and then your seat from the seat layout.
• Enter your name, contact number, etc. on the next page.
• Complete the payment to receive your SP BUMI online ticket (e-ticket/M-ticket).
Covid-19 precautions to take while travelling by SP Bumi Express
SP Bumi Express has always taken care of its passengers. Ever since the pandemic, the operator has given safety measures while travelling the utmost importance. Every SP Bumi trip starts after the proper cleaning and sanitation of the entire bus.
In addition to these, the Covid-19 precautions that you must take while travelling by SP Bumi buses are -
- Wear a face mask that properly covers the mouth and nose in public as well as while travelling. Even the bus staff have to wear masks throughout the journey.
- SP Bumi express services are available from the popular bus terminals where you need to maintain proper social distancing of 6 ft or 1 meter while waiting for the bus.
- Carry hand sanitizers to be safe, even if it is provided inside the coaches.
- The SP Bumi online ticket services allow e-tickets so that passengers can have contactless travel and avoid carrying a physical copy of the ticket.
If you wish to travel to Kuala Lumpur, Penang and other districts where the MOC is implemented, you may require an additional permit and pre-registration proof.
Local routes served by SP Bumi
SP Bumi offers multiple bus types for the local routes to accommodate people from all sections of society. SP Bumi online booking is available for all these types of buses. You can book SP Bumi bus tickets online on the redBus website/mobile app. These are their popular routes within the country -
- Melaka Sentral to Kemaman
- Kemaman to Kuala Lumpur
- Kuantan to Pasir Gudang
- Taiping to Kuala Terengganu
- Kampar to Kemaman
- Kemaman to Segamat
Cross-border routes served by SP Bumi
SP Bumi express does not operate any cross-border services. Their services are mainly confined to the east coast of Malaysia.