Singapore is an island city-state off southern Malaysia. It is a global financial center with a tropical climate and multicultural population. It is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world for numerous reasons, one of which is the less stringent entry requirements. Some of the attractions in Singapore include:
- Little India - It is a piece of India to the north of the city core
- Chinatown - The area was originally designated for Chinese settlement by Raffles but now it is a Chinese heritage area popular with tourists from various places.
- Tampines - It is a residential town located in the heartlands, in the far east of the island close to Changi Airport.
- Sentosa - It is a separate island which was once a military fort, now developed into a resort, Sentosa. It is the closest that Singapore gets to Disneyland.
- Jurong - It is home to Nanyang Technological University and the last housing frontier before the industrial area. The attractions in and around this place include Singapore Bird Park, Singapore Science Centre and Singapore Discovery Centre.
Whereas, Penang is a state in northwest Malaysia comprising mainland Seberang Perai and Penang Island. On the island, the state capital of George Town is home to beautiful places such as colonial Fort Cornwallis, the ornate Chinese clan house Khoo Kongsi and the Kapitan Keling Mosque. This is one of the very famous bus routes opted by many locals as well as various other travellers. The total distance between Singapore to Penang is about 724 km. The time taken by bus to cover this distance is around 9 hours 45 minutes, depending upon the traffic conditions. The bus ticket price for this route ranges from SGD 40 to SGD 60. The first bus from Singapore to Penang departs at 8:15 am and the last bus departs at 111:45. The range of the bus ticket price from Singapore to Penang is much more economical in comparison to the airline ticket. During the festive seasons like Chinese New Year or Hari Raya, the bus ticket price may increase to a certain extent. The popular bus service operators are :
- Sri Maju
- Transtar Travel Pte Ltd
- Star Qistna Express
- Grassland Singapore
- Billion Stars
- WTS-City Holidays
- Starmart Express
- 99 Coachland Express
The coach services offered are well-known for providing the passengers with optimum comfort as well a delightful travelling experience throughout the journey. The coaches are also known for their on-time departures as well as arrivals. The other services offered include:
- Reclining seats
- Spacious legroom
- Charging Points
- Fully air-conditioned coaches
The departure points in Singapore are conveniently located at :
- Golden Mile Complex
- Kitchener Complex (Lavender MRT)
- Golden Mile Express Bus Terminal
- Golden Mile Tower
- Boon Lay
- City Plaza Singapore
The arrival points in Penang are conveniently located at :
- Sungai Nibong bus terminal
- Penang Komtar
- Penang Sentral (Butterworth)
- Simpang Ampat
- Juru Toll
- Bukit Mertajam
- Nibong Tebal
Now it is even more convenient and comfortable for you because you can now book the bus tickets online as per your schedule. You may choose your own seat as well as the operator you want to travel with. With these many bus operators around, you may choose the time of departure and arrival as per your convenience.
If you are also looking for return checkout, please ensure to check Penang to Singapore Bus Tickets.