Book Butterworth Bus Tickets
Penang is a popular tourist destination in Malaysia, and the Butterworth bus terminal is a part of it. It is located quite close to the ferry terminal. Hence, it becomes the ideal halt station for people who get down from the ferry and travel to their next travel destination. The Butterworth Railway Station is quite near to the Butterworth bus station.Serving as a gateway to Penang Island, this modern terminal offers convenient connectivity and a range of amenities for travelers. Situated within the Penang Sentral complex, the bus terminal is a bustling hub for both local and long-distance bus services. It provides easy access to various destinations in Penang, as well as neighboring states and even countries.
The strategic location of the Butterworth Sentral bus station brings it close to all the important parts of the city. The Butterworth bus stop is located beneath a highway. Hence, you can easily spot the bus stop. The bus stop attracts a huge crowd during the holiday season. Hence, to avoid any rushes, book your bus tickets online.
How to Reach Butterworth Bus Terminal?
Getting to the Butterworth Sentral bus station is quite convenient. It is located quite close to the railway station and the ferry station. Hence, a wide range of commuting options opens up.
- Cab - Booking a cab is the easiest way to reach the Butterworth bus terminal. You can book a local cab or a taxi to reach the bus stop in time.
- Local Buses- Several local buses run from one point to another in Penang. Most of these buses stop at the Butterworth Sentral bus station. You can board a local bus and get down at the bus station. A local bus is one of the cheapest and the best ways to reach the Butterworth bus terminal.
- Personal Vehicle- You can use your two-wheeler or car to reach the Butterworth bus station. You can find a parking spot near the terminal and park your vehicle there. However, avoid this mode of commuting if you are going on a trip.
- Trains- The Butterworth Railway Station is quite close to the Butterworth bus terminal. Hence, if you want to hop on to the next destination from Penang, you can walk to the Butterworth Sentral bus station.
Butterworth bus terminal provides you with numerous commuting options. You can choose any one of these based on your current location.
Amenities at the Butterworth Bus Terminal
Apart from its excellent connectivity, the Butterworth Bus Terminal also provides a range of amenities for passengers. There are comfortable waiting areas, ticket counters, food stalls, and restrooms, ensuring a pleasant experience while waiting for your bus. Additionally, the terminal is easily accessible, with convenient links to the Butterworth Train Station, ferry terminal, and other modes of transportation.
The Butterworth bus station was designed as a halt station but has transformed into a proper bus station. It is quite close to the ferry station and the railway station. Unlike some bus stations in Malaysia, the bus doesn’t have an air-conditioned waiting area. However, it is quite spacious, and you can easily wait here for your bus. The bus station has some platforms. You will also find some small shopping spots within the bus station.
Additionally, a few eateries are a part of the bus station. Back-to-back buses come to the platforms. Hence, there is much rush at the railway station. The bus station has water spots for drinking water, and every other important amenity is close by.
For more information, check out Butterworth Bus Terminal
Popular Routes From Butterworth Bus Terminal
Situated within the Penang Sentral complex, the bus terminal is a bustling hub for both local and long-distance bus services. It provides easy access to various destinations in Penang, as well as neighboring states and even countries
- Butterworth to TBS (Terminal Bersepadu Selatan)
- Butterworth to Kuala Lumpur
- Butterworth to Ipoh
- Butterworth to Kajang
- Kajang to Butterworth
Popular Bus Companies
Several bus companies have buses running from Butterworth to other parts of Malaysia. Some of these popular bus companies are:
- Intercity Coach
- Jasa Pelangi Ekspres
- KKKL Travel & Tours Pte Ltd
- LA Holidays Travel and Tours Sdn Bhd
- Intertop Express
- Kejora Masyhur Sdn.Bhd (Kejora Express)
- Suasana Tony Coach
- Adik Beradik
- Eltabina Jaya Express
- Kesatuan Express
Things You Can Do at the Terminal
You can do several things to kill the wait time at the Butterworth bus terminal. Some of the best things that you can do in the area are:
- Visit the popular Penang Bird Park. The park is home to 300 exotic species. It is only 10 minutes away from the Butterworth bus terminal.
- Penang is known for its beautiful temples. Hence, it would be best to visit the Temple of Nine Emperors, Thean Hock Keong Temple, to get a piece of Malaysian architecture. All of these temples are quite close to the Butterworth bus stop.
- If you want some escape and tranquillity, you can go camping near Suling Hill. It is an exotic location in Penang with beautiful scenery.
- If you are travelling to Penang in December, ensure that you don’t miss the Butterworth Fringe Festival. It is a cultural festival celebrated with a lot of fun and frolic.
Butterworth is an interesting place; you should try exploring it if you are in the area.
Book Terminal Bus Tickets Online
Customers using the redBus app have a hassle-free experience when purchasing tickets online. The app allows you to purchase bus tickets from Butterworth to any other Malaysian city online. Your pick-up location for the trip can be the Butterworth bus terminal. The Butterworth bus stop can be used as the destination for the drop-off if you're returning to Penang or Butterworth. You can pick the bus that best suits your needs from the list of available buses.
You can also check the amenities offered by the bus using redBus. Your digital tickets will be sent to you through mail and SMS after you've made your reservation. You can contact redBus customer service if you have reservation issues or wish to amend your itinerary. They'll try to offer the best problem-solving option they can. redBus is the best bus ticketing app as it is customer oriented and offers promotional codes for an additional discount on your tickets.