Alor gajah Bus tickets
Alor Gajah is a small countryside town in the district of Alor Gajah in Malacca, Malaysia. ‘Alor’ means route and ‘Gajah’ means elephants in Malay. The locals say that the name comes from a group of wild elephants that were seen walking along a stream in the town. The town is situated 24 kilometres from Malacca and has become an often frequently visited tourist destination. It is known for its aesthetic pre-war look and the exciting activities offered at the renowned A’Famosa resort. There are many old shops and buildings around the town that were constructed in the early twentieth century and have been preserved due to their architectural and heritage value. The town has numerous tourist attractions, hotels offering services like golf, cycling, paintball, and great restaurants where one can devour the exquisite local cuisine. The nearest airport to the city is the Malacca International Airport in Malacca City. The way into the town is through the North-South Highway by taxi or bus.
Important Locations to visit
Located just 24 kilometres from Malacca, Alor Gajah is often frequented by tourists who have come to visit the city. Whether you are looking for a quiet getaway, an informative and culturally rich experience, or an adventurous and fun vacation, Alor Gajah is the place to be. Following are some places you cannot miss:
- A’Famosa Resort: The A’Famosa Resort is a one-stop-shop for people looking to engage in fun and adventurous activities. The Resort has a Water Theme Park, Animal World Safari, and Cowboy Town, a fun-filled amusement park. Additionally, the scenic resort offers activities like golfing, fishing, horseback riding, micro lighting, paintball, and cycling. Freeport A’Famosa Outlet, a shopping mall, with amazing variety at discounted prices, is a paradise for the shopaholics.
- Keris Alor Gajah Square: A keris is a traditional Malay weapon, a monument of which is situated in the centre of the town at Keris Alor Gajah Square. It is a majestic bronze sculpture set in an alluring landscape and is a popular spot for morning and evening walks.
- Machap Walk: After a long day of sightseeing in the quiet town, one can head to the Machap Walk night market. The market on weekends is bustling with energy as people make their way through the various stalls, shopping and devouring the authentic local cuisine.
- Tradition and Custom Museum: Set in the heart of the town, the Tradition and Custom Museum is a must-visit for lovers of history. It is a great place to learn about the rich culture and history of Alor Gajah.
- Sungai Udang Recreational Forest: The forest park is endowed with lush greenery and is just the place to go trekking and camping. The fresh air and challenging terrain present the perfect opportunity for one to reconnect with nature.
Boarding Points in Alor Gajah
To travel from Alor Gajah to other places in Malaysia, boarding a bus is the most convenient and budget-friendly option. Some of the boarding points are:
- Alor Gajah
- Alor Gajah Sentral
- Uitm Lendu
The only way into the town of Alor Gajah is through the North-South Highway and traveling by bus is the best option. Some of the dropping points are:
- Alor Gajah
- Alor Gajah Sentral
- Uitm Lendu
Important Routes to and from Alor Gajah
Malaysia has a well-connected and comprehensive road network. A bus from Alor Gajah can take you to various destinations across the country. The Alor Gajah Sentral Bus schedule can be obtained on the redBus website. Some of the important routes to and from Alor Gajah are provided below:
Important Routes to Alor Gajah:
- Kuala Lumpur to Alor Gajah Bus Terminal
- TBS (Terminal Bersepadu Selatan) to Alor Gajah
- Kuala Terengganu to Alor Gajah
- Kuantan to Alor Gajah
- Kota Bharu to Alor Gajah
Important Routes from Alor Gajah:
- Alor Gajah to TBS (Terminal Bersepadu Selatan)
- Alor Gajah to Kuala Lumpur
- Alor Gajah to Kuala Terengganu
- Alor Gajah to Machang
- Alor Gajah to Penang Sentral
Alor Gajah is an exciting culmination of fun and tranquillity. Travelling to and from the Alor Gajah bus station is the most convenient and cheap option. The buses provided are by reputed operators like Transnasional, Ekspres Mutiara, and Cepat Ekspress.
Tickets to Alor Gajah can be booked on the redBus website or app with a few quick steps. You can securely book and pay for your travel at any time, anyplace. Passengers have access to the details of the buses, routes, seats, and schedule along with real-time location tracking. Book your tickets from redBus now and avail exciting offers and discounts.
Disclaimer: Ticket prices, bus availability, and bus timings are subject to change without prior notice. Please download the redBus app or visit the official website to know more!