Kuala Selangor Bus tickets
The town of Kuala Selangor is located in the Kuala Selangor district of Selangor, Malaysia. Once the capital of the Sultanate of Selangor and later conquered by the Dutch, the town is of immense historical and cultural significance. Set at the estuary of the Selangor River draining into the Strait of Malacca, Kuala Selangor is a major tourist destination in Malaysia. As a result, it is well-connected to places across the country through systematic road and rail networks. Being a small town, there is no public transport to get around. However, apart from taxis, certain tourist destinations can be accessed through trams and buses.
Important Locations to visit
Kuala Selangor has a thriving tourism industry. The town is rich in terms of heritage and also endowed with places of pristine natural beauty. It is also reputed for its spectacular beaches and delightful seafood. Here are some of the places you must visit when in Kuala Selangor:
- Kampung Kuantan Firefly Park: An evening paddleboat ride on the serene Selangor River among mangrove trees to see the breathtaking sight of swamps of fireflies lighting up in forest is something you cannot miss in Kuala Selangor.
- Sky Mirror, Sasaran Beach: Sky Mirror refers to the reflective surface on the beach that only appears twice a month during the full moon and new moon period in the morning. A sandbank emerges, with a shallow layer of seawater on top. The surface reflects a mirror image of the sky and is a true marvel of nature.
- Bukit Melawati: The Melawati Hill is known for its panoramic views of the quaint town, vast coastline and the mesmerising sunsets. It is home to two endangered species that attract many tourists - the silvered-lutung monkeys and long-tailed macaque monkeys. Atop the hill, overlooking the Strait of Malacca is the Altingsburg Lighthouse constructed by the Dutch two centuries ago.
- Sri Shakti Devasthanam: This Hindu temple is an architectural masterpiece with detailed carvings that exhibit fine craftsmanship. The exquisitely decorated sandstone structure is built for the worship of Lord Ganesha.
- Historical Museum of Kuala Selangor: Those interested in history can quench their thirst for information at the Historical Museum of Kuala Selangor. It contains displays of old weapons, currencies, artefacts and relates the stories of how the town of Kuala Selangor came to be.
- Tanjong Keramat Fort: Built by Sultan Ibrahim, the fort is located near the Selangor River. It is a majestic two-story structure made of granite and fortified with canons. Not far from the fort is the War Memorial constructed to honour the British and Malaysian soldiers who sacrificed their lives in the Second World War.
- N. 16: It is the renowned Kuala Selangor Bus Restaurant, located right next to a paddy field. The bus has an old-school vintage look, with small wooden tables, green bus chairs and chandeliers hanging from the rooftop. This rustic ambience coupled with the scenic surroundings has emerged to be a popular attraction.
Boarding Points in Kuala Selangor
Kuala Selangor is well-connected by an elaborate road network to all the major places across Malaysia, buses can be boarded from:
- Kuala Selangor
Dropping Points in Kuala Selangor
With its wide range of attractions, Kuala Selangor is always bustling with tourists that come from across the country. It is most convenient and cheap to take a bus to Kuala Selangor. The dropping points are:
- Kuala Selangor
- Selayang (JPN Gombak)
Important Routes to and From Kuala Selangor
Kuala Selangor is a small town, heavily endowed with sites of great historical and natural importance. It has thus become a hub for tourists. Most of them come from KL to Kuala Selangor bus station. Other important routes to and from Kuala Selangor are:
Important routes to Kuala Selangor:
- Singapore to Kuala Selangor
- Boon Lay to Kuala Selangor
- Kota Bharu to Kuala Selangor
- Golden Mile Tower to Kuala Selangor
Important routes from Kuala Selangor:
- Kuala Selangor to TBS (Terminal Bersepadu Selatan)
- Kuala Selangor to Johor Bahru
- Kuala Selangor to Kuala Lumpur
- Kuala Selangor to JB Larkin Bus Terminal
Kuala Selangor is bustling with tourists, a majority of which come by bus. There are numerous bus operators like StarMart Express, Perdana Express, and SMB Express that provide high-quality service.
Bus tickets to Kuala Selangor can be booked on the redBus website or app. redBus provides secure payment options, details about the bus, routes, seats, timings and also facilitates real-time location tracking. You are just a few easy steps from exploring the breathtaking town of Kuala Selangor. Book your tickets with redBus now to avail exciting offers and discounts.
Disclaimer: Ticket prices, bus availability, and bus timings are subject to change without prior notice. Please download the redBus app or visit the official website to know more!