Bintan Resort Ferries Ferry Ticket Booking
1994 saw the launch of Bintan Resort Ferries Pte Ltd from Harbour Front terminal. In late August 1995, operations were moved to Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal. Bintan Resort Ferries provide services between Singapore's Tanah Merah ferry terminal and Indonesia's Bintan Island resort area. Bintan Resort Ferries take about 1 hour 10 minutes to travel the distance.
Every day, a number of sailings are available if you search for ferry to Bintan. You can choose from the varied price categories for getting to Bintan. One of the advantages of taking Bintan Resort Ferries is that, your drop-off will be in Bintan's Lagoi Bay, close to the resorts. By offering flexible ferry schedules, online ferry ticket booking; Bintan Resort Ferries is dedicated to provide a consistent, secure, dependable, and cosy boat service from Singapore to Bintan Resorts.
Four catamaran ferries are run by Bintan Resort Feries. Two new generation 42 metre ferries, the Wan Seri Beni and Wan Sendari, each with a capacity of 300 seats, were added to the Fleet in 2009. The original two, the 270-seat Aria Bupala and a 286-seat Indera Bupala, were constructed when the firm initially began operations. The more recent ships, which were constructed by Damen Shipyards in the Netherlands, can cruise at speeds greater than 37 knots and are equipped with sophisticated navigation and engineering monitoring systems.
Amenities on Bintan Resort Ferries
Each Bintan ferry operated by Bintan Resorts has 300 seats. 57 seats are reserved in the exclusive "Emerald Class" on all ferries. When arriving in Bintan, passengers travelling in the luxury class can bypass the immigration line by delegating the process to specially trained workers.
Listed below are the priviledges enjoyed by Emerald class passengers -
- Priority Boarding & Disembarkation
- Seat Assignment
- Use of Emerald Lounge at both Arrival and Departure
- Priority Baggage Handling on Arrival
- Exclusive and expedited Immigration Clearance
- Complimentary Hot & Cold Beverages
- Reading materials
- Friendly Service Attendants
- Open deck seating (selected ferries only)
Bintan Resort Ferries Ticket Prices
Bintan Resort Ferries ticket prices vary for regular and peak seasons. A regular round-trip fare for adults costs around SGD 92 for adults while peak fares on blackout dates are about SGD 102. For children, the round trip fare costs about SGD 80 during regular days and goes up to SGD 90 for blackout dates.
To avoid the rush of ferry terminals, you can book a ferry ticket online with redBus ferry services.
Travellers must pay a nominal terminal fee over and above the ferry ticket prices to the ferry terminals in Indonesia and Singapore. The terminal fee varies by country and must be paid to the terminal operator at the ferry terminal.
While there are also surcharges and peak prices, the terminal fee has to be paid at the terminal unless stated otherwise, as included in the ferry tickets. It is advised that you check the ticket inclusions when making the ferry ticket booking online.
Singapore Passenger Departure Fee (SPDF)
For all ferry trips departing from Harbourfront Centre or Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal in Singapore as the source, a Singapore Passenger Departure Fee of SGD10 per person is applicable.
Terminal Fee For Return Ferry Trips from Tanjung Pinang* and Tanjung Balai*
Before departure, you must pay in cash in Indonesian Rupiah at Tanjung Pinang Ferry Terminal. (Applicable to passengers departing from Tanjung Pinang and Tanjung Balai ONLY)
Tanjung Balai Terminal Fee -
- Indonesian citizens have to pay Rp50,000 per person
- Foreign passengers have to pay Rp75,000 per person
Tanjung Pinang Terminal Fee -
- Indonesian citizens have to pay Rp40,000 per person
- Foreign passengers have to pay Rp60,000 per person
*Terminal fee is subject to change
Bintan Resort Ferries Schedule
Check below to know about the latest Bintan Resort Ferries schedule .
The ferry schedule varies on weekdays and weekends.
The ferry schedule is tentative and can change on the discretion of the ferry operator.
Bintan Resort Ferries Travel Time
Bintan is one hour behind Singapore Time. It takes around 1 hour 10 minutes from Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal to Bandar Bentan Telani ferry terminal.
Bintan Resort Ferries Check-in Time
Passengers are advised to collect boarding passes and check in 1.5 hours before departure time. Bintan Resort ferries reserves the right to cancel booking if boarding pass is not collected forty minutes before ferry departure.
Bintan Travel Visa Requirements
Before doing the ferry online booking , it is advised to check the travel requirements for Bintan islands -
Basic Requirements to enter Bintan islands include -
- A valid passport (with at least 6 months of validity)
- Individuals must be fully vaccinated as per government guidelines. For more information, check Indonesia Vaccination Guidelines Register on the PeduliLindungi app and complete the Traveler Health Quarantine Application Form before your arrival at the Bintan ferry terminal
- One-Way or return ticket to Singapore or any other country that they are travelling
- Travel insurance with a minimum of S$30K COVID-19 coverage
Visa Free Travel is allowed for
- Travellers from Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam are not required to apply for a Visa to enter Bintan Islands
- It is applicable for a maximum of 30 days and is non-extendable
VISA On Arrival (VOA) Travel
- VISA on Arrival is available at the Bintan ferry terminal for travellers from about 86 countries. To know more, you can check VISA Portal
- Travellers can avail Visa On Arrival at at cost of IDR 500.000/person for maximum 30 days stay
- Beyond 30 days, an additional one time renewable payment of IDR 500.000/person is required